I just can’t do it anymore.

I could do it in college. It was no big deal. I was a stoner myself. I smoked out about 3-5 times a week and enjoyed it thoroughly. I knew all the Stoner Culture references.

That was then. This is now.

I can’t work with stoners. I can’t stand them. I can’t stand that vaguely confused expression that most of them wear 80% of the time when you ask them a question. I can’t stand it when they come to work, obviously stoned, and nobody seems to care! I can’t stand having to explain things over and over because they just can’t get it. I can’t stand their stupid 4:20 jokes and hemp necklaces.

I think that I have become used to working for companies with strong anti-drug policies. All of the jobs that I have had since 1996 have drug tested me and everyone else. Sometimes, they would randomly test people, especially if they suspected they were coming to work messed up. It didn’t bother me since I wasn’t doing anything bad. That’s one of the drawbacks of working for the government or at a retail job. They don’t want you to steal to feed your habit or crash their vehicles. So, they test you.

I don’t care what people do with their free time. There are many people who smoke pot from time to time who have no problems with it. Its when it becomes a lifestyle that smoking pot is a problem, and that’s when you get the stoner label. Drinking all the time is bad for you. It kills your body and your brain. Smoking pot all the time makes you dumb. If you can drink or smoke in moderation, then fine, go ahead. If you can’t, then I don’t want to work with you.

I can’t work with stoners. So, I’m looking for another job.