Sarah Hudson may or may not want to be known as the daughter of producer Mark Hudson who's greatest claim to fame was being one third of the comet success in the seventies, the Hudson Brothers. It probably goes without saying that while she loves her father, she certainly wants something more. She wants her relation to her father to be a footnote of her life, and not the first paragraph in a brief bio about her life. Perhaps a day will come when this write-up will need to be rewritten in order to make this first paragraph the last one. However, that time is not yet today. Yes. I do believe in Noding for the Ages, but I also call them as I see them.

Sarah Hudson's new album will be released / is being released / has been released in the summer of 2004. It's called Naked Truth. Sarah is a singer songwriter who combines the unfashionably fashionable chic of Cyndi Lauper with the safe but sexy in-your-face unabasement of Britney Spears and the girl next door humor of Jessica Simpson with not a little bit of the best of Deborah Gibson and Tiffany but with all the angst of Sabrina, The Teenage Witch. The really sad thing is, in all this comparative absurdity, I've yet to find an inch of creative originality. Granted, there's nothing new under the sun because it's all been done before. Still, I can't tell if this young talent honestly has nothing new to offer or if she wants success so badly that she's purposefully stealing from the best and worst that is already out there. While Sarah may want to be seen as the next Tori Amos or Sarah McLachlan, she will be lucky to be at least as successful as Kelly Osbourne and since her father doesn't have a popular tv show on MTV at the moment, Sarah Hudson isn't at any real advantage.

God, I hope I have to rewrite this wu in a few months, and eat my words, and that Sarah Hudson will become a pop sensation that changes the world and brings peace to the Middle East, and also her music will cure cancer... I hope for all of that, but something tells me years from now when people read this wu, they'll agree. I pray she proves me wrong, but I am not holding my breath.