(This is part of an experiment in hypertext fiction. See Bridgeborough, New Jersey for more information).

Among other things, Cumberland County Airport history is notable for having had the most air transport vehicles saved from certain death due to bomb detonation, sudden nearby disturbances of the laws of physics, natural disaster, human error, etc. Cumberland County Airport has also narrowly escaped being utterly destroyed and decimated countless times but has had more than its share of property damage. Recently it has been deemed uninsurable by over twenty different insurance companies. This is partly due to the decline in recent years of men and women in strange outfits flying nearby and noticing large objects filled with screaming people falling out of the sky. In fact, the Cumberland County Airport has had a strange relationship with mutants and alleged superheroes over the past several decades. At times they were welcome saviors and other times they were deemed delinquent annoyances.

According to some rumors, it is believed the owners and management of the airport are planning to hire vigilantes from outside Bridgeborough, New Jersey to operate as a special arm of their security detail and also to improve public relations which has deteriorated in recent years, especially after the tragedy of Flight 427 in 1999 which brought the lack of flying people in the air into sharp relief. Originally built in 1972, owned by the city, and later purchased and funded by the Winston Brooks Estate when Brooks was still alive, the airport was sold after Brooks' death to outside interests and has since fallen into a state of disrepair.