A movie released in 1998. Written and directed by Neil LaBute. Staring Amy Brenneman, Aaron Eckhart, Catherine Keener, Nastassja Kinski, Jason Patric, and Ben Stiller.

A modern immorality tale.

A story about bad relationships? I watched this movie last night and I didn't understand it one bit. Maybe it went over my head or something, I don't know. It has a bad marriage, but we don't know why it went bad. It has another bad relationship, but we don't know a lot about that one either except that Stiller's character talks to much and his girlfriend is pretty emotionless. It has a womanizing asshole.

Spoiler Alert
The scenes in the art gallery were cool, but that was the only thing I found redeeming in the movie. Why is Stiller's girlfriend's only display of emotion when she cries and gets angry when she finds out he cheated on her (while she herself was cheating on him with another women). What went wrong with the married couple and why on earth does she end up with the asshole? Maybe LaBute is trying to say relationships suck. But why should we care what happens to any of these characters? There are no endearing qualities to any of them. They are all pretty messed up. Is LaBute trying to say we are all messed up? If there is a message to this movie I missed it, but in the case that there is one, I don't think it is a happy message.

I give this movie a 1.0 out of 4.0.