A movie from 1984. Directed by John Carpenter. Written by Bruce A. Evans, Raynold Gideon, and Dean Riesner. Players: Jeff Bridges, Karen Allen, Charels Martin Smith, Richard Jaeckel and others.

In 1977 Voyager II was launched into space, inviting all lifeforms in the universe to visit our planet. Get ready. Company's coming.

Starman (Jeff Bridges) is an alien that has come to Earth in response to the invitation sent on Voyager II. After crash landing his ship in Wisconsin he finds a house were he takes the shape of Jenny Hayden's (Karen Allen) deceased husband. Starman convinces Jenny to take him to Arizona so he can meet up with a ship coming to pick him up. The crash of a UFO does not go unnoticed by the government. They follow the starman and Jenny, trying to catch them at every turn.

It has been a long time since I've seen this movie. Probably since about the time it came out. I remember thinking it was pretty cool at the time. Although now I just lump it in with all the other movies where a good alien comes to earth and all the government wants to do is capture them and dissect them. Evil government!

Eventually a tv series based on this movie was created but I don't know much about it. I think I only watched one episode.