GONE...>

"Gone..." is a graffiti artist whose signature is found all over Houston, Texas. His signature is most often seen in the the Galleria, Rice Village, and surrounding areas of town. He doesn't paint murals or large pieces, or big initials or anything. The only thing he's done is sign his tag, "gone..." in what looks to be blue paint pen. It's usually about one to two inches high and six to eight long at the very largest.

What's interesting about this particular artist is that his sigs SEEM to be a puzzle or a maze. He doesn't scrawl haphazardly, but seems to pick his locations very carefully. For example, a four-sided object will only be written on one side. He also doesn't seem to be interested in defacing property, as in writing over existing material and leaving things illegible. The only thing in his sig except the word "gone", usually followed by three periods, is an arrow. These arrows appear to be pointing in the direction the next one will be found, and in fact if you walk or drive far enough that way you will encounter another. He always seems to prefer places that he can have the arrow facing so that the point is facing off the 'e' at the end of the word gone, but very very rarely if the positioning of the object he's writing on is wrong, he'll have it pointing off before the "g". I've never followed these arrows, nor known anyone who has, but the general theory is that they are indeed a "follow-me" of some type, leading SOMEWHERE. The only question is to where.

If you're interested in seeing one, the easiest to find is in Rice Village, on the parking sign behind Fu's Garden at the corner of Kirby and University. Just pull into the parking lot and the sign and "gone" sig are clearly visible on the back of the building.