It's common knowledge that rubbing a packet of french onion soup mix on the outside of a roast will make it much more flavorful. It's even a recommended recipe on many boxes of said soup. Here's a slightly more complicated but infinitely more tasty twist.

Start with a 1.5-2 lb roast (for 3-4 people). (I used a boneless chuck and it was delicious.) Now "butterfly" it--cut it mostly in half but leave a flap of meat connecting the 'halves'.

Chop up half an onion, three green onions, and six cloves of garlic. Stuff the roast with the onion mixture like it's a subway sandwich, and close the meat back up with toothpicks or those little metal turkey lacing prongs.

for the rub, combine in a bowl:
1 packet dry french onion soup mix, any brand.
2 tbsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp paprika
salt and pepper to taste.

Rub this mixture all over the outside of the meat until it's well coated.

Then combine, in the large skillet you're going to cook this in:
remainder of the dry rub 1 cup beef broth (or 1 cube boullion in 1 cup water in a pinch)
any onion filling that didn't fit in the meat
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce

Cook covered for 1-1.5 hours on medium heat, turning every 10-15 minutes. Ladle the broth over the meat constantly to keep it moist and flavorful. If the sauce reduces too much, add 1/2 cup of water as needed.