Bluh.  Yesterday was amazing. Went to the spiral dance in SF, had a great time. Today, though, is out to get me.

We gave our landlord 30 day's notice yesterday afternoon, that we'd be moving out on Nov 30.


Today, our water heater broke.  Leaking water from the top, all over the garage floor... and through the sheetrock, into the living room, drenching the carpet, the carpet pad, and the floorboards beheath.  About a third of the carpet goes "SQUISH" and leaves footprint puddles when you walk on it. And the smell, oh the smell, it's like a zillion wet dogs.  We've cleaned up as best we can, sopped up water as best we can, and left a message with the landlords. But why couldn't it have happened BEFORE they gave notice, they'll be a LOT less happy to work with us now that we're not going to pay them anymore money.

Also spent about an hour fighting on the phone with my folks about whether or not they want to come out and "help" us move.  They want to see the new place, be involved, I'm just afraid they'd add to the stress and workload.

I'm already terribly freaked out about how we're going to get packed, moved, and the old house cleaned in 30 days. I don't need all this extra stress and drama on top of it!