This recipe is one of the best I have ever made. It is a very filling meal, and its ingredients are not very expensive (though you probably will need to go to the store to get everything required.) It refrigerates well, and can be reheated in the microwave. Serves 4.


Ingredients:



Tools of Preparation

  • Wok with Lid
  • Measuring Spoons - Teaspoon, Tablespoon, 1/4, 1/2 cup cups, etc.
  • Sharp Knife
  • Optional : Just a tad of cooking knowledge
  • Enough dexterity not to slice off a finger
  • Cutting board
  • Six bowls, +/- 3, to hold cut and uncut veggies
  • A stove
  • Hopefully, a few plates. If not, a REALLY clean floor will suffice.
  • Eating Utensils: Fork and Knife. No, sorry, hands are NOTeating utensils... pig


Lets Get FUNKY!

Also known as Preparation

  1. Prepare veggies according to type. Cut the carrots and cucumber into fine matchsticks. Cucumber seeds are not wanted in this dish. Store veggies nearby in bowls. Be careful, as this step is injury-prone.


  2. Heat a frying pan, then trickle the oil around the rim so that it runs down to coat the wok's surface. When oil is hot (smoking oil is BAD: -- prelude to a grease fire...) add the garlic and ginger, then cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the harder veggies (carrots, snow peas) and toss over the heat for about 5 minutes, till they start to soften. Carrots should be firm and tender, not soggy. They should be able to bend in a circle with ease, no snapping.


  3. Add the softer veggies and stir fry everything over high heat for 3-4 minutes. Be careful of sizzling airborne oil.


  4. Stir in the cashew nuts/seeds. Season with soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Serve at once.


  5. Thanks to: Vegeterian: the best ever recipe collection, by Linda Fraser, from which I stole mercilessly from found this recipe and posted it here at E2.