A structure at the University of Arkansas whose only purpose seems to be student amusement. The target of a prank in spring 1999 in which a group of students used clothing dye and laundry detergent to alter the appearance of the fountain, ultimately culminating on the last day of classes when they decided to fuck it and finished in broad daylight.

Supposedly under video survelliance, however it has been admitted in the student paper that the video is not of decent enough quality for positive identification.
Ugly piece of post-modernist dreck with a $2 million dollar price tag. I never knew Senator Fulbright, of course, but I'd bet he'd have preferred more funding to the scholarships named after him, than this piece of garbage.

I hate the description of phallic, believing that columns are merely functional, but there's no other way to describe this thing. It's several meters high, made out of varied-length bars of a dark brown metal, stuck to each other at right angles. It looks like some sort of alien weapon. How it's supposed to symbolize peace is utterly beyond me...oh, and it barely fits the definition of fountain either, as the water merely pools out at the base, and doesn't really interact with the so-called sculpture at all.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.