The swastika is an ancient symbol of religion and art which appears in many forms. To add to examples that other noders have given, here are a few I have seen. Note that in each one of these examples, the swastika is used as a repeated pattern, rather than as a solitary figure.

(1) Floor of the cathedral of Amiens, France, featuring interlocking black and white swastikas in a striking design. The swastika was known to the Romans, and through them was known in Europe in medieval times. It seems likely the Romans became aquainted with the swastika by trade with the peoples of Asia Minor, Mesopotamia, and Persia, who in turn might have been in direct contact with India.

(2) Interlocking swastika design etched onto metal wall panels of the subway cars in Seoul, South Korea (seen by myself in 1997). These designs, which are also common in Japanese art, feature alternating clockwise and counter-clockwise turning figures. These patterns are perhaps associated with Buddhism, which originated in India although it is not much practiced there these days.

As you know, variants of the swastika are widespread in art around the world. It is an interesting pastime to look for examples in advertising or architecture; perhaps your college library or police station has a row of interlocking swastikas (a Roman architectural motif, I believe) on it.