In an Anglican (and possibly other Christian?) service, the person who carries the cross during the procession into the chapel/church/hall is referred to as the Crucifer. He or she walks behind the priest or minister on the way in and again on the way out. I've always seen the candlebearers walk in pairs behind the crucifer, but I don't know if this is traditional or merely the way they did it Back In My Day.