Frounce (?), v. i. [imp. & p. p. Frounced (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Frouncing (?).] [OE. frouncen, fronsen, to told, wrinkle, OF. froncier, F. froncer, perh. fr. an assumed LL. frontiare to wrinkle the forehead, L. frons forehead. See Front, and cf. Flounce part of a dress.]

To gather into or adorn with plaits, as a dress; to form wrinkles in or upon; to curl or frizzle, as the hair.

Not tricked and frounced, as she was wont. Milton.


© Webster 1913.

Frounce, v. i.

To form wrinkles in the forehead; to manifest displeasure; to frown.


The Commons frounced and stormed. Holland.


© Webster 1913.

Frounce, n.


A wrinkle, plait, or curl; a flounce; -- also, a frown.


Beau. & Fl.


An affection in hawks, in which white spittle gathers about the hawk's bill.



© Webster 1913.