Dec"kle (?), n. [Cf. G. deckel cover, lid.] Paper Making

A separate thin wooden frame used to form the border of a hand mold, or a curb of India rubber or other material which rests on, and forms the edge of, the mold in a paper machine and determines the width of the paper.

[Spelt also deckel, and deckle.]


© Webster 1913.