user since
Sun Jun 30 2002 at 20:47:36 (21.7 years ago )
last seen
Wed Dec 13 2017 at 13:03:57 (6.3 years ago )
number of write-ups
40 - View WaldemarExkul's writeups (feed)
level / experience
8 (Encyclopedist) / 9880
C!s spent
84
mission drive within everything
edification
school/company
Quirn
motto
Come on! Play! Invent the world! Invent reality!
most recent writeup
Suggestions for E2
Send private message to WaldemarExkul

seven-dimensional giraffe

Stylesheets:

  • Baltic - White background, with some muted blues and greys. The basic layout is similar to the traditional ekw theme, but the header stays at the top when you scroll (to keep the search form accessible). Does not play nicely with Internet Explorer, but works well with iCab, Safari, and Mozilla-based browsers.
  • Groovy - Teal, tan, and pale yellow; nodelets on the left; header stays at the top as in Baltic, but is smaller. Tries to place softlinks to the right of writeups instead of beneath them, but this seems to work as intended only in Firefox (and perhaps other related browsers).
  • Scroller Derby - Nodelets to the left, header at the bottom. Nodelets and main body can be scrolled independently (as if they were in separate frames). Dark grey, pale yellow, and pale blue. Links are indicated by a sans-serif typeface rather than with underlining or colour. (Links within monospaced text are now indicated with colour, though.)

Biography:

Waldemar Exkul is a minor character in the novel Look at the Harlequins!, by Vladimir Nabokov. He is the narrator's assistant, "a brilliant young Balt."

From LATH, part 4, chapter 2:

Angelic Ex had already read and marked the entire batch of exams, but he thought I might want to see some of the works he had reluctantly failed.
[...]
Sir! I need a passing mark desperately. Ulysses was written in Zurich and Greece and therefore consists of too many foreign words. One of the characters in Tolstoy's Death of Ivan is the notorious actress Sarah Bernard. Stern's style is very sentimental and illiterative.
[...]
Have passed the illiterative sentimentalist and all the rest.

E2 Prehistory:

Before I had ever even heard of this place...

  • I had used a word-processing program that FeltTips helped develop.
  • I had learned a little bit about MALTP's grandfather's work on logic.
  • Gritchka posted a writeup that mentioned something I created.

Bookmarks:

User Bookmarks:

Sort by name Sort by date