Afternoon...

19:33

OK, I tried wmtv and it kind of rocks. Even if IMHO it's really, really absurd to watch TV from a really really really small space. I mean, 64x64 pixels isn't much to fit a TV set into...

I got something that packaging calls Antennenverteiler ("Aerial distributor") as written under it) and got finally my cables arranged so that there's an antenna cable for both TV and the computer. I realized xawtv started working when I put myself to "video" group.

It's still kind of buggy. wmtv, upon launching wmtv, says "xawtv must not be setuid root", when xawtv clearly is not setuid root. Hrmph...

This bit of writeup written with Mozilla M17... hopefully more points coming later =)

21:37

Yay! xawtv really is much cooler than the Windows program that came with the card. Channel list with last pictures... I can watch South Park while I IRC. Kick ass! Too bad they only show reruns now...

23:42

Look! I have a "channel list" with icons on my screen! With content that updates way faster than what IE4 channel bar used to (last time I used it)!

And this real time picture! Updates much faster than any of those Windows Media Player things! Man, this thing also conserves bandwidth! Right now nothing goes over PPP, and and it even works when I close the line.

This also has this thing called teletext - it's kind of like the Internet, but it shows TV listings much faster and is kind of easier to browse, you know, all addresses are numbers less than 1000.

But when I clik on the WWW addresses on the screen, they don't work. I guess they'll need to work on it.

(OK, these were honest opinions, not an attempt to make fun of geeks who say things like "Pencil! They do exist after all! How do I use them? How do I turn the power on? Hey, is that black thing a solar cell?" =)


Other day logs o' mine...

My writeups for today: callback wmtv dockapp Jyrki