Who is Dirty Harry?

Red Heat is a 1988 action movie starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and James Belushi. It was directed by Walter Hill, and shot on in Chicago and Moscov.

When the soviet criminal and drug lord Victor Rostavili is captured in the United States, Ivan Danko, the the toughest soviet cop is sent to bring him back. Naturally, he escapes, killing a cop in the process, and so, logically, the chief commissioner thinks it is best to send the soviet to find Victor, accompanied by his own most chaotic and untrustworthy cop, so in effect it is your basic cop buddy-movie, even though the characters don't start out as such. Any questions so far?

But however illogical the plot is at times, the movie is quite a bit of fun to watch, the action never stops and remains mostly believable, and doesn't go over the top as in most more recent movies. There are shooting-outs, car chases, even a bus chase, in which both good guys and bad guys get to wreck as much of Chicago as they want. The dialogue is fun, and the actors seem to be having a good time as well. Arnold is good, and seems to finally have evolved away from the robotic and mostly silent fighting machines he portreyed before, such as in Conan, Terminator and Predator. And the movie also does not fall into the trap of many others, where foreigners miraculously speak english amongst themselves all the time...

Recommended! It's not deep, but it's solid Schwarzenegger fare, before he got fatter. Nothing special, but fun.

I'm gonna get us something from all four food groups: hamburgers, french fries, coffee and doughnuts.