An invaluable reference work for the serious student of profanity as well as those who just enjoy swearing as a hobby. It is a compilation produced by the British toilet-humour magazine Viz, and issued as flimsy supplements attached to it. It has gone through several editions and is now one of the best sources of rude words and dubious euphemisms, lacking only an index.

It is now freely available on the Web at http://www.viz.co.uk/profanisaurus/profanis.htm

The Roger of the title is a regular Viz character, "Roger Mellie, the Bloke on the Telly", whose adventures invariably include swearing and doing horrible things that get him sacked from his latest television show.

They encourage readers to send in new offensive and amusing terms, and on the whole they seem to be genuine terms in circulation, not made up by staffers. In the nature of the thing, they are almost all words for bits of the human body and what you can do with them. You could quite possibly learn new things to do by reading it, in fact.

Examples:

awaken the bacon v. Sexually arouse the male; stimulate the penis; polish the pork sword (qv).
bag ladies' period sim. Foul tasting. As in "Don't buy Mrs Timpkin's home made jam, vicar. I've tasted nicer bag ladies period".
carpenter's dream n. Sexually promiscuous woman. As in: "Flat as a board, and easy to screw".
Dracula's tea bags n. Tampons; jamrags; cotton mice.