White Chicken Chili

 

This is a mild, hearty chili great for a potluck or a hot dinner to warm you up on a cold winter's day. Also a wonderful dish to prepare on busy weeknights because it is so quick and easy and can feed your entire family. I usually serve this with salad and corn muffins. This simple, yet tasty, recipe takes only about 30 minutes to prepare and the ingredients are usually on hand in any pantry.

 

Ingredients:

  • 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
  • 2-12.5 oz cans fully cooked chunk chicken breast, drained
  • 1-12 oz bag of frozen diced peppers and onions
  • 1 -1.25 oz envelope of White Chicken Chili seasoning mix
  • 1-10.5 oz can of Cream of Mushroom soup
  • 1-15 oz can of Cannellini beans (white kidney beans), not drained
  • 1-15 oz can of Butter beans, not drained
  • 1-15 oz can of Navy beans, not drained
  • 1-15 oz can of Great Northern beans, not drained
  • 1 cup of cooked Barley (optional)
  • 1-15 oz can of Whole Kernel Corn, drained (optional)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • garlic powder and onion powder to taste
  • Optional garnishes as desired: shredded cheddar cheese, chives, bacon bits

 

Directions:

Place the olive oil in a large stock pot type pan over medium high heat. Add the bag of frozen chopped onions and peppers. Sauté until onions are transparent. Turn heat down to medium low then add all the cans of beans, the chicken, and the cream of mushroom soup. Mix this all together then add the seasoning mix packet, the other spices and the barley and corn if you are using them. Stir until everything is thoroughly mixed together. If the chili seems too thick, add water a little at a time until it is the desired consistency. Simmer on low until heated through. Garnish as desired and enjoy.