Memories of Christmas:
- My grandfather
, who gave me a hand-held baseball game when I was nine or so, hours before he died.
- Having a little black kitten
placed into my hands by my mother, while my eyes were closed.
- Playing Ultraman
on the SuperNES with my little brother, when I was twelve.
- Having the Hell's Angels
donate food, a tree, and gifts to my family when I was about seven, and we didn't have enough money for Christmas.
- Christmas dinner in Alberta
, with Amanda Gear and her father, who had to wear his RCMP
uniform and gun to the table because he was on-call.
- A vague memory of my mother and her then-fiancee having a screaming match, the tree falling over, and writing in my diary that it was "the worst christmas ever
- Sitting with Jessica
at a coffee shop, laughing and talking.
- Eating turkey at a drop-in centre for homeless
- Waking up before everyone else, every year, and sneaking downstairs to stare at the christmas presents, full of wonder.