Daniel Léveillé (1952-) is a choreographer, teacher, artistic director and designer of his dance company, Daniel Léveillé Nouvelle Danse Inc.

He is well recognized in the contemporary dance scene in Montréal, becoming known as a choreographer in Québec's avant-garde movement in the 1970s.

Daniel Léveillé started his dance training in Montréal at the school of the Groupe Nouvelle Aire. From 1981 to 1984, he directed his own company, Daniel Léveillé Chorégraphe Indépendant.

He taught theatre students at the Conservatoire d'art dramatique de Montreal for a few years, and currently is a faculty member in the dance department at the Université du Québec à Montréal.

Daniel Léveillé's artistic approach is minimalist, formalist. He started as an iconoclast, using dance to show disturbing scenes, but turned more toward emotional range, and the repetition of gesture. A motif of his is fast motion contrasted by periods of extreme slowness.

Choreographic Works
Voyeurisme (1979)
Le jeu (1981)
Le Sacre du printemps (1982)
Ecris-moi n'importe quoi (1983)
Jericho (1987)
Les Mémoires d'un temps ravagé (1988)
Les traces no I, II, III, IV, V, VI (1989)
L'exil ou la mort (1990)
Jules et Juliette (1994)
For the Day was Brief and the Day was All (1994)
Utopie (1998)
Amour, acide et noix (2001)

He received the 1982 Jacqueline-Lemieux prize from the Canada Council for the Arts.