This morning I sort of woke up around 8 when my alarm went off, but I just lay in bed and drifted in and out of sleep. My girlfriend left for class around eight thirty, and about nine o'clock I though I heard her call my name, in a voice that suggested she was in pain. I got up out of bed, suddenly awake (but not overly lucid) and called "what?", not thinking to look at the clock. I checked in the bathroom and down the hall, in the living room, and in the kitchen. Of course there was no one there. It was sort of creepy; I briefly thought she had gotten hit by a car or something and had called out from beyond the grave!

Since I'm not really a superstitious person, I figured I'd just email her and have her call after she got out of her first class (she's a compulsive email checker, so I knew she'd get it), and not worry until then. Fortunately she called.

To extend the heppie-jeepies this morning, a book that I thought I had securely set on a table fell off and bent some of the pages. Then I had a shower and got thinking about that Harrison Ford / Michelle Pfeiffer movie, What lies beneath. Visions of ghosts drawing on the foggy mirror while I was in the shower. *shudder*

But no, no ghostly writings.

I've nearly finished a set of microwave related nodes that deal with transmission lines and impedance matching. If anyone is curious as to why I'm writing this stuff up, it's because I had to spend a lot of time thinking about how to do it because I found the class notes and the text books I had sort of inadequate, and I'm hoping I can save any other EE students some time. Also, I have a midterm tomorrow and I really need to know it all, and writing it out helps me remember the techniques. I only hope my explanation is clear enough without diagrams...