Ah, the gift of insomnia. Now that it's almost two in the morning, and considering that I have to get up at seven, I should really be sleeping. Alas, I am not. Instead, I'm sitting here writing this and try to solve control systems problems. So I've brewed up a nice cup of peppermint tea, and here is what we have...

The beauty of diffusion, it is a wonderful thing. The cool tea bag in hot water, water circulates, cooling, warming the leaves, and carrying away the flavor and color, to be mixed with the rest of the water in this white cup. You can see the flavored, colored parts of the water, they drift to the bottom of the cup, cooler than the rest by warming of the leaves. Bubbles form of the tea bag, on the surface of the cup, minute little bubbles, so tiny and delicate. At a critical point they rise to the surface, pushed by buoyancy, and linger on the surface of the water, disturbing the surface, until, finally, they burst, and are replaced by more from below.

A sip now, it's not to hot, not to flavored, but colored strongly. These bags are old, none to fresh; they were improperly sealed, and all the wonderful flavor and aroma leaked out of them and into the cupboards. What a wonderful experience, to open a cupboard and to enjoy the strong odor of peppermint that wafted forth.

A big mouthful, a swallow, and a deep breath, Relax. Relax. And sleep...