Two hours after June 1, 2001 ended I wake up. Not many souls are moving yet. I try to go back to sleep. But can't get back to sleep over the sounds of sleep. I get up and move around. Outside I meet Protector of Mankind. We talked for a bit. While people are still coming to life I meet a few more. I think this is when I met ideath, predador, and Phyllis Stein, milling around. Eventually a group heads off to a diner to get some breakfast/lunch. I meet thefez and briiiiian on this adventure.

After a greasy, but good breakfast, most people hang around the diner waiting for the second wave of diners to arrive. I head back to see if I can grab a shower. Score! I am Clean! People start cleaning so I join in. More people arrive, I think I meet more people, but the middle of the day is mostly a blur for me. Before heading to the park of the Aerobie eating tree, I think I met the gilded frame, clampe, kurt (the pope) and Andara. At the park, play some frisbee. When that breaks up I say a few passing words at people, but mostly mill around feeling alone in a group of strangers. All of a sudden I felt out of place. I'm not sure why. What do I say to complete strangers? I walked by little collections of people talking, I would listen for a bit and realize I don't know how to be involved in this conversation and move on. Don't feel bad for me this is normal, this is my life. This is why I drove 7 hours by myself to meet people from the internet. I'm bad with people.

ccunning shows up with his guitar and lets me make horrible noises on it, and we talk guitar for a little bit. Later ccunning, somebody who I can't remember (please forgive me), walked back to zot's to make some food and get some grub. Speaking of Grub, I think around this time is when I met Chihuahua Grub, brassmule, and pyrogenic. ccunning makes some damn fine food! I roam around mingling.

Other than the events mentioned I spend my time pulling my usual party stunt of roaming a lot so it looks like I'm active, but not really talking to people. Sometimes I stop and talk to people, but not many conversations. Gone Jackal and mordel show up. Jackal and I head to the store to buy beer (don't want to run out at 3 in the morning) and smokes. It was cool to talk to somebody one-on-one. Most of the party I observed. I watched the ordering of karmaflux, the street performance of Jurph and ccunning, listened as ccunning, jessicapierce, and Phyllis Stein chatted on the air mattress, I even lurked in #everything a little. This isn't bad, this is how I am at parties. I had fun. It was a great time. It was really cool to meet people even if the talks were short and without depth. I talked with Kurt for a bit, and predador for a bit, and mordel for a bit, and Eric the Omnifaceted for a bit (got a dinosaur painted on me!), and toastido for a bit, and jaubertmoniker for a bit, and witchiepoo's husband for a bit, and avjewe for a bit, and Gamaliel for a bit, and Morgan77 for a bit, and most everybody for a bit. I know there were a few I didn't get to meet or talk to other than a hello. It was very cool to meet so many new people. It was exceptionally cool when introducing yourself and somebody recognises the handle and says "Dude, It's great to meet you." That is why I made this trip.

Eventually I snag a ride with sane guy and crash on his flow and Ohio Day Two ends.

Ohio Day One | Ohio Day Two | Ohio Day Three