"In most of these things, you know,
you have a pawn and you have a queen.
Be careful though, because the pawn sometimes gets promoted.
Then you're pretty much screwed."

"I don't want to play this game anymore."

"Drive faster."

"I don't think you can drive fast enough."

You have to hang on tightly around the corners. From out of your mind shoots a chessboard that becomes an overlay on the playing field of your life. You know how these pieces move and you can determine future results based on past performance. What are you trying to accomplish, anyway? Do you have any idea. Are you just playing it by ear? I'm going to need some gas in the car. Just enough to get us to the county line. Then I know a place where we can hide out for the night. No one will bother us there. I won't touch you. If you want, you can touch me, but I'm just in it for the end result. I'm not about to write another check I can't cash. I stopped doing that years ago. You still think you can play it safe? It was never your way. You have to hang on tightly around the corners. If you keep going straight you never get anywhere. Why don't you be the man for a while and I'll be the woman. It will give me some time to regenerate some of the things I've forgotten. I haven't slipstreamed like this since I was a kid.

Suicide blonde
Was the colour of her hair
Like a cheap distraction
For a new affair
She knew it would finish
Before it began
Something tells me you lost the plan

You still know how to move like a cat, but it's almost comical these days. Your rust is beginning to show. We can shake it off around the next bend, but I don't think I can take your nails down my back again like the last time. My wounds don't heel as quickly as they used to. Yeah, you're right, that is the whole point, isn't it. Bleed me to the core. I want to feel you in my soul, down to the bone, the way I used to. Tear it up. Show me why I have all this respect for you, even when I'm laughing at the way you hang onto those old charms. Hold on, this is a bit of a tight corner and the rain is freezing on the pavement. I can't sit still. Why don't you put some lipstick on while I light another cigarette. The radio is playing some funky shit tonight. Find something to listen to while I glide three hundred and sixty degrees in a circle and get us back to where we used to be. Damn, you still know how to run your hand up the inseam of my jeans and make me wish I wasn't wearing them. Keep it up, baby, I've got the next three days in the bank.

You want to make her
Suicide blonde
Love devastation
Suicide blonde
You want to make her
Suicide blonde
Love devastation
Suicide blonde

If I came up any faster, I'd get the bends. Go down, my ass. Not with your short attention span. I want to be able to tear you from the inside out. You put too much faith in these physical tidbits of an ordinary existence. If I don't feel you burn, I'd rather just rip this car around another corner into oblivion. I'm not even watching the road. I'm just letting it come. You don't like having to trust me and that's beginning to sink this one to the core. Let me feel the burn. If I came up any faster I'd get the bends. Run with it. Keep moving. Don't stop. We've got to run that red light ahead, and baby, it's crimson.

She stripped to the beat
But her clothes stay on
White light everywhere
But you can't see a thing
Such a squeeze
A mad sad moment
Glory to you
Glory to you
Take me there
Take me there

You might as well take that show back to the hungry little boys who don't know what they're coming for. I've seen enough of this to write my own seriously bad poem. Show me something neither of us have ever seen before. Wake the inner goddess and give me something you don't want to give up. You've given up too much. Sometimes you have got to start charging things you never intend to pay for. You won't have to pay this tab, but I want the waves to remind you well into last week. You ever drink a sixteen ounce glass of tequila and then put your head through a windshield at ninety miles an hour? Give me that. I had a clown at my fifth birthday party and a stripper at my twenty-first. That shit is old hat. Make me feel something I'm not allowed to feel. Wake me up when you find yourself.

Got some revelation
Put into your hands
Save you from your misery
Like rain across the land
Don't you see
The colour of deception
Turning your world around again

Don't talk to me about how I'm slowly decomposing with this self-destructive lifestyle of mine. Feed the demon, baby, and stop trying to chase him into the night. Be the seed. Be the fertilizer. There ain't no weeds to kill in this garden. Pump yourself to the edge and then bring yourself back again. When are you going to start feeling alive? Would you rather just lie down and wait for tommorow? Tomorrow never comes. It's all the same fucking day. This is the picture. Rock me, Amadeus. Show me you still have some life in those old leather boots and support hose. You ain't never needed those props before. I need them more than you do, but that's just because you keep putting off the inevitable. You can't put a cork in the breath of your soul and hope it lets you become automatic. You'll never be automatic. You're a creature like I am and you need to take those corners hard. We just need to stop hanging on and let them come.

You want to make her
Suicide blonde
Love devastation
Suicide blonde
You want to make her
Suicide blonde
Love devastation
Suicide blonde

Everything you want to be
Everything you are


Lyrics by Andrew Farriss/Michael Hutchence
Copyright Polygram Music Publishing
As recorded by INXS