"We got some nice apples and oranges.
Whatcha fancy, young lady?"

It was the best fruit stand you ever came across. They knew how to bring the best stuff to the table. You wanted blueberries that were just the perfect shade of purple. They could make it happen. What else could there be in life? You could make love to your wife in front of the booth and they wouldn't mind. All they want is to set you up with some good fruity goodness.

"You like bananas?
What would you say about some plums?
Would you dig on some papaya?
Oh, she looks like the strawberry kind.
We get your sort in here all the time.
Let me show you some of the good stuff we keep in the back."

It was the kind of paradise Richard Nixon could never have imagined. This was a horse of a different color and you knew it the first time you bit into a juicy peach. They would even shave the peaches if you wanted and call them nectarines. This was paradise on earth.

"Maybe you want some of them grapes?
Seedless hits the spot.
They make wine out of grapes like these.
Top quality, honey bags.
How many pounds would you like?"

You've seen some ups and you've seen some downs. That is the way life is. When you pull into the fruit stand, all that changes. You blink your eyes for a second and you might miss the most perfect basket of rasberries. Keep a sharp eye. If you are tired, they have orange juice and ice cream, but you have to ask. This is the place your grandmother used to talk about. She fought her way through the Great Depression, but this fruit stand kept her going. Never give up. The fruit stand is there for you.

"You want these in a box or you want to eat them in the parking lot?"

It doesn't matter. It is all good. You are in love with life. You are in love with the possibilities. The fruit stand has made it all possible. The juice drips off your chin and you are happy. Again. And again. And again.