user since
Sun Jul 28 2002 at 16:39:48 (21.7 years ago )
last seen
Tue Jan 30 2024 at 10:18:03 (2.7 months ago )
number of write-ups
123 - View The Debutante's writeups (feed)
level / experience
17 (Panjandrum) / 17050
C!s spent
359
specialties
Being a 'workaholic social slut'
school/company
Shoe-buyers Anonymous
member of
gods, Content Editors - My Endorsements
most recent writeup
Editor Log: July 2015
Send private message to The Debutante

Me in the studio. August 2011.



For anyone who has ever read one of my recipes, whether under this handle or as part of the gin soaked project, you might be interested in my kitchen diary. I keep a record of what I cook, note down useful snippets of information, and occasionally comment on food policy and culture. It's Just Another Cookery Tumblr.

- DEB, 09.xi.2017



In July 2015 I decided that it was time for me to step down from my role as E2's Director of User Relations. My life has moved in such a direction that being consistently available in order to manage the people-related side of E2 was no longer something that I could guarantee. You can read about it in slightly greater depth here. I retain my goddess privileges, but have taken much more of back-seat position now.

- DEB, 09.x.2015



Book3 is now on sale and looks absolutely gorgeous. I'm supremely proud of it. Photocritic continues and I'm waiting to see if there's a Book4 in the works.

- DEB, 11.vi.2014



Book3 is going through the design process and I am in search of a new project to keep me occupied, in addition to Photocritic and the Photography School.

- DEB, 27.x.2013



No sooner had Book2 been released than I started work on Book3. Final deadline is 6 September 2013.

- DEB, 21.vi.2013



Book2 will be released any day now. I'm spending most of my time on Photocritic and the Photocritic Photography School. It's crazy and wonderful and demanding. I wouldn't have it any other way.

- DEB, 25.v.2013



The manuscript for Book2 was submitted on Friday 10 August. I'm now working on another project before planning an assault on Book3. This makes life pretty peachy.

- DEB, 20.viii.2012



I've returned from my amazing adventures. There are stories on Everlater and photos on Flickr. I'm now in the throes of writing Book2 and attempting to reacquaint myself with life in the UK.

- DEB, 17.vi.2012



I'm in Australia. I've passed through the west coast of the States and both the North and South Islands of New Zealand. I've done some crazy things, some awesome things, some ridiculous things, and some totally memorable things. I'm here, ish, until the end of May. Then I go to Bali.

- DEB, 30.iii.2012



Packing. It's driving me nuts.

- DEB, 15.xii.2011



On 16 January 2012 I'm due to board a plane from London to San Francisco. It'll be the start of a six month jaunt that takes me to six countries, allows me to catch up with family and friends, and should lead to some glorious photographs. Well, that's the plan, anyway!

- DEB, 14.x.2011



Manuscript submitted! Huzzah!

- DEB, 06.x.2011

I'm back from Italy and it was a truly wonderful break. If you want to look, the photos are here. I'm still a stress-kitten though. It goes with the territory, I suppose.

- DEB, 24.viii.2011

I'm tired and I'm stressed, so I'm running away to Italy for a few days. Back next week, hopefully having eaten too much, drunk too much, laughed like a drain, sat in the sun, gone swimming, and taken hundreds of photos.

- DEB, 16.viii.2011



I'm now mostly back up on my feet, cycling, and working. Thank you, everyone, for your love, wishes, and support.

- DEB, 01.v.2011

Recovery following the accident is taking longer than I ever thought it would. I'll be lying low for the next two weeks or so and getting some rest. I will still be checking in, but just not as much as normal.

- DEB, 06.iv.2011









Also available at:
email
Flickr
photography news site
photography Twitter








The average contents of my handbag weighs 2.2 kilograms, or 4¾ pounds. Yes, I weighed it.
Seeing as you asked: wallet, keys, iPhone, headphones, notebook, pen, ink cartridges, reading book, umbrella, sunglasses, business cards, oyster card, toothbrush, toothpaste, clean knickers, painkillers, tissues, camera.

Now you get to add two bike locks and a multi-tool to that list.









Reciprocity —
I think that there are some noders, perhaps, who believe that they have given more to e2 than e2 has given to them. I cannot fathom this to be true.









Please watch.













From April 2008, most recipes are noded under gin soaked.













The Debutante's quick guide to apostrophes.

An apostrophe signifies one of two things: possession, or contraction.

When being used as possessive pronouns yours or its do not require apostrophes. These words are from the same family as his and hers. They don't have apostrophes, do they? If you were to put an apostrophe in yours, I'm not quite sure what it would mean. It's means it is.

However, an apostrophe might be used to show that someone or something belongs to someotherone or someotherthing, for example, The Debutante's glass of wine. If an apostrophe is being used to show that something belongs to more than one person or thing (for example: a ball that belongs to a team of boys), it goes after the s (the boys' ball). If the word is a plural in itself (mice, children) then it goes before the s. (The mice's tails; the children's toys.)

If you are in any doubt at all leave out the apostrophe.

There, I told you it was short.









Josh's solo project. I was privileged to hear the premier of Dancing on the Ocean sitting on the stairs in our parents' house.









Josh has declared me a Goddess of the Cult of Groove. Do let me know if you'd like to be inducted.









I know it's gonna take some time,
For you to feel that it's alright,
And not making people choose a side,
But I don't mind,
You trying to get some people on yours.


'Cos what if what we see is all we've got?
Say you've kept some fire aside to set light to me some surprising night.
And say you've locked some fire away to set light to me some surprising day.
Any day now.


I've wasted time away,
But I think that it's okay cos
I've wasted time away with you.


I still believe
It's you and me to the end of time.


Here's to tonic; here's to gin
Here's to sparks and here's to gasoline.


My knuckles glowing white, trying to bend the light.









For I have been called a colour princess!









randomgiraffefacts.com







Is this a definition of love? Answers in a /msg, please.

DEB: Josh, my feet are cold. Could you get me a pair of socks, please?
Josh: *groans, removes his own socks, passes them to me* Here you go.













Seeing as I've had a few enquiries of late, no, I've never appeared in Country Life, I've never had to curtsey to a great cake at Queen Charlotte's Ball, and I haven't been presented at Court. My user name is a play on my initials: DEB. Consequently, deb is also my chatterbox forward. People kept shouting at me that 'The_Debutante' took too long to type.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, I'm a Jewish girl, but I'm not a nice Jewish girl.













Think how worthless the things that you own are - things a pervert could own, a liar, a thief.
Next imagine you're dead, you have already lived your life; now take what is left and live your life properly.


Thank you, SharQ.








































Everything in the world comes down to love or a fight, which, when they are hot enough to be flame, rise and combine.








































Belief is personal; values are universal.








































You know you live in a small community when your change of hair colour becomes a major topic of conversation.








































I will stop unearthing old memories, finding new ones instead in touches, voices, climax.








































You might be in the spin-cycle right now, but things will come out in the wash.








































I will fight terror as if there were no peace, and pursue peace as if there were no terror.








































SchoolDaze








































two paper boats, floating downstream








































When someone gives you a chance, don't throw it back at them.








































pushin' niceness








































You make my world a better place.








































When you are at your lowest, pray that you meet someone in need of your help.








































Never deny somebody hope, it might be all that they have.








































You build a fire in my bones and I am yearning to burn beside you tonight.








































in a moment of temporary lucidity I can preach to my own sanity








































Never let a fool kiss you, or a kiss fool you








































What I mean right now is would you please stop thinking consequence and kiss me.








































~ Sex without love can destroy the soul ~








































But history is about change, and those living in the middle of it are the last to recognise it for what it really is.
Averil Cameron








































imperium sine fine dedi








































I left some pieces of my heart in a far away place, with some beautiful people.








































'I put the empty egg carton on the fridge habitually, ceremonially. Maybe this is how religions start.'








































Thank you: ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~








































Intentions, reflections, aspirations, amusements, something that might make your heart skip a beat...

User Bookmarks:

Sort by name Sort by date