Three days to surgery. People keep asking me how I'm doing, and the answer is "okay, I guess." I'm not at all sanguine about doing this, I'm scared witless that I'll be unable to eat normal food or drink alcohol afterwards (forever), and that given my life that will send me into a massive depression tailspin. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm in rehab/recovery, and that I am unable to picture any good outcomes right now.

I've started having to urinate rather frequently, especially at night. I hope that's a relatively normal effect of the diet.

I'm in Massachusetts, having seen my FAA medical examiner yesterday. I didn't get issued the medical. On the good news side, she determined that even though I have to see her every year for special issuance, I only need an actual medical exam from her every two years as if I was normal - I just have to present all my paperwork every year for the renewal. On the bad news side, I didn't have a couple of things we needed, specifically I didn't have a letter from my primary care physician stating that my hypertension and blood sugar were controlled for the year (but I had labs showing it was fine presently). She will contact my primary care doc to try to get that letter. I also didn't have a letter stating year-long control of my sleep apnea; I had a 'compliant' form letter, but only two weeks of data - because three weeks ago, my five-plus year old CPAP machine self-immolated, and I had to get a new one, so I only have the past two weeks of data. Luckily, I can sign an affidavit (one time) stating I'm compliant for the year, for just this sort of occasion.

So she'll try to get hold of my primary care doc, get a letter, and issue me the medical by mail.

Now, off to Boston to see my aunt and get a haircut so I go into this process not looking like a wild man. At least, not due to hair.

Weight: 316.2