A rather pointless saying that might be used when a new person puts eir two cents into a debate or conversation. These days it is usually corrupted into "another country heard from".

The story behind it is somewhat interesting, even if the saying itself is not.

In the United States presidential election of 1876, Samuel J. Tilden (Democrat) and Rutherford B. Hayes (Republican) were neck to neck. When the first results came in, it looked like a sure victory for Tilden -- in fact, Hayes gave up watching the returns and went to bed, certain of his defeat. Others, however, were not ready to give up. It was technically possible for Hayes to win if the Republicans retained control of South Carolina, Florida, and Louisiana. John C. Reid, the avid Republican editor of the New York Times, printed stories saying that the election was doubtful, and that Hayes would win if Florida came through Republican. It took several days to tally all the electoral votes, and each side suspected the other of improperly influencing the vote (and both were correct).

The initial count came through as Tilden 184 electoral votes, Hayes 165 electoral votes. The remaining 20 votes were claimed by both the Republicans and the Democrats. At least 185 votes were required to win. (There were only 39 states back then). The results were carefully tallied, one county at a time. This process dragged on for months. The phrase "another county heard from" became common, so common that it entered deep into the public consciousness, where it stayed for many decades.


More information on the election can be found at:
http://www.rbhayes.org/disputeFAQ.htm
and
http://www.rbhayes.org/dispute.htm