The café was closed on Sunday for renovations. More of a fix-up than renovations, as we have burnt out one of the three main power feeds into the building as everything is running off this feed. It literally burnt out, with smoke and flames - most exciting.

Because we gave the staff the day off, we organised a day of bowling and golf for everyone. We went 10-pin bowling. We organised costumes for each team and everyone picked a team name out of the hat, and were given the appropriate costume to wear whilst bowling. We had 6 teams - Corporates (each wore one of my old ties), Hippies (wore headbands we had decorated with peace symbols and rainbows), Fairies (wore fairy wings we bought from the toy shop), Pirates (wore paper pirate hats), Islanders (wore lava lavas), and Miss Fits (wore different hats with appropriate names - e.g. Tiger Woods with Nike hat, OJ Simpson with hat bearing words "Not Guilty"). We all had great fun bowling. Really low scores, but a hell of a great time.

We then piled into cars and went to the local driving range. Some played mini-golf whilst the others fired a bucket of balls at the back of the range. I managed to get in some much-needed practice of my swing, whilst the others busied themselves with their Happy Gilmor shots.

After we finished up there we all jumped in our various cars and went to the local Japanese Thai restaurant for a cheap meal. We chowed down on green curry and chicken chow mein until we exploded.

All up, a very successful day, with minimal planning. Keeps the staff happy with us (for shouting) and builds a closer team.