Dundee is a small town of around 3,000 located in Yamhill County, about 26 miles from Portland, Oregon. Because of its several wineries inside and around the city, it is a tourist attraction for the 12,000 that visit every year. Dundee is also proud to boast two of the best restaurants in the state(Tina's and Alfie's), as well as Dundee Pizza Company(sister pizza company 3rd Street Pizza in McMinniville, voted "Best Pizza in Yamhill County")

In terms of recreation, during summer, a small Farmer's Market is held, where attendees can buy fresh fruits, vegetables, and breads.

Dundee was settled with a small shop in the area of Dundee, known as Dundee Junction, owned by the Parrett Family. The town quickly grew to incorporate its own rail station, post office and school. The station is now a defunct abandoned building off of Highway 99W, and the post office and school have each changed location and have been re-built on multiple occasions.

William and Samuel Parrett (cousins) built the first store in the settlement that would be called Dundee, in 1885. Eventually it included a post office, and William Parrett was named postmaster.

The wineries of Dundee are some of the best in the state, if not the nation. Makers of famous wines such as Ponzi, Argyle, Duck Pond, Rex Hills have chosen to open tasting rooms and {What's the name of the building where they make the wine??} in and around Dundee.

Dundee has a small school, aptly named Dundee Elementary School that has been moved and rebuilt several times. It started as the old Hagey School up near Sunnycrest, a small one-room building. Then the school was rebuilt near the site, and Hagey School was used for storage, with a new 4 room school complete with a bell tower was near. After 20 years, the school was moved to the location is it now (namely, 5th street.) More classrooms were added in separate constructions and now houses 400 students.