I disagree with part of your writeup, but only part of it.

Although the passionate kisses may seem out of place at the time, it is always a welcome sight for me. There is nothing wrong or dirty about loving your partner. And what are you calling "public"? In highschool probably everyone here made out with someone in a movie theater. IT HAPPENS, it's no big deal. Now if you're talking about doing it on a bus stop bench waiting for a bus with lots of people standing around, then yes, I agree, it is in very poor taste.

Another thing is, who here has never fantasized about having sex in a public place? If you say you have not, I pitty you for lying to yourself. My point is, it's human nature to want to try to get away with something like that. Again, unless it's in a blatently open area with many people and young children.

Even in your state, where the person is TRYING to make you jealous or showing off, I understand that as well. If you have a partner you are truly proud of, you generally want the world around you to know how y'all feel about each other. This also is ok. It's human nature for people to want to brag. It's even moreso natural for geeks to want the world to see their beautiful girlfriend, or handsome man.

This in mind I do feel the same as you on this subject at this moment, because I'm single, but my prospective will change again when I am not no doubt.

Other than these few points, I agree completely with your statements.


Ever feel like people miss the point of your node altogether?