Monty Mole is the hero of a line of games by Gremlin Graphics on the ZX Spectrum (and most of them on the Commodore 64). As you guessed it by his name, Monty is a mole, and his first adventure was 1984's Wanted: Monty Mole, by Peter Harrap, in which Monty has to steal coal from the South Yorkshire colemines. In Monty Is Innocent, you play Sam Stoat, Monty's best friend, and you have to rescue Monty from prison. Next in line is 1985's Monty On The Run, in which Monty has escaped from prison, and is looking for a boat to take him to safety. Then came 1987's Auf Wiedersehen Monty, in which you have to travel all over Europe to get to the Greek island of Montos.
Then came Moley Christmas, which came for free on the covertape of the January 1989 issue of Your Sinclair magazine. 1990 saw the release of Impossamole, which was made without Peter Harrap, who had left Gremlin Graphics.

All the Monty games are platform games, except Monty Is Innocent which is more of a puzzle / maze game. The graphics were usually better on the Commodore 64 versions, but the ZX Spectrum versions were superior in gameplay and were preferred by the fans over the C64 versions. Auf Wiedersehen Monty was generally considered to be the best of the bunch.