Note: This list is by no means complete. If you have any suggestions for additions, please msg me.
It should be noted that other people have done a much better job than me at this... If you can't find your favourite character here, try http://www.extenuation.net/disc/charamain.html
- Commander Sir Samuel Vimes - Recently married to Lady Sybil Ramkin, Sam is the Commander of the Watch and a true policeman who can feel the road through his boots.
- Captain Carrot Ironfoundersson - Rightful heir to the throne of Ankh-Morpork, Carrot was raised by dwarves. Romantically involved with Lance-Constable Angua.
- Corporal Nobby Nobbs (C.W. St. John Nobbs) - Technically human. Spends most his time "patrolling" bars.
- Sergeant (Once acting-captain) Fred Colon - An officer of the old school, sgt. Colon prefers to "stand and watch and sort out what's left once it's over".
- Lance-Constable Angua (Delphine von Uberwald) - A werewolf from Uberwald. Romantically involved with Captain Carrot.
- Sergeant Detritus - A handy troll with an arquebus, Detritus prefers a direct approach to questioning. 'It was you what done it, so own up.'
- Corporal Cheery Littlebottom - Dwarven forensics officer, recently out of the closet as a female.
- Corporal Visit.
- Dorfl - A golem with free will.
- Reg Shoe - Keeping up with tolerance of the different, Reg is the Watch's zombie. Before joining the Watch, he was leader of the Fresh Start Club.
- Buggy Swires - Ferocious small person (no, really small), Buggy is head of the Flying Squad of the watch, usually found riding his favorite turkey buzzard.
- Gaspode - A talking dog, which of course doesn't exist.
- Foul ole Ron - One of Ankh-Morpork's homeless beggars.
- Duck Man - Ditto, recognized by the duck on his head.
- Coffin Henry - Another beggar.
- Arnold Sideways - And another.
- Twoflower - Innocent tourist from the counterweight continent. Shown around in Ankh-Morpork by Rincewind.
- Luggage - Made from sapient pearwood, Luggage is Rincewind's magical trunk, and it follows him everywhere.
- Lord Havelock Vetinari - The Patrician of Ankh-Morpork. Stays in power by making sure not too many changes happen.
- Leonard of Quirm - Vetinari's mad scientist. Locked up in Vetinari's palace, for the good of Vetinari, himself and the common populace.
- Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler - C.M.O.T. Dibbler is Ankh-Morpork's sleazy merchant. He always has a ploy to earn more money.
- HEX - The computer made by Ponder Stibbons in Unseen University. Consists of (among lots of other things) an anthill, a beehive, ram skulls and a mouse.
- Sybil Ramkin - Part of Ankh-Morporks aristocracy, a breeder of swamp dragons and married to Samuel Vimes.
- Imp y Celyn - Singer in The Band with Rocks in.
- William de Worde - Ankh-Morpork's first journalist.
- Otto - The vampire photographer. (Thanks, crewgrrl!)
- Crysophrase - One of the more clever trolls in Ankh-Morpork (as if that was a feat), Crysophrase is one of the most feared mafia bosses.
- Dragon King of Arms - Head of the Ankh-Morpork College of Heraldry, this vampire has a particular dislike to the Vimes family after that King-slaying business.
- Ksandra - The maid at Unseen University.
- Inigo Skimmer - Assassin and spy
- Bloody Stupid Johnson
- Jeremy Clockson - A clockmaker
- Moist von Lipwig - The Postmaster
- Mr Groat - The old Junior Postman
- Stanley - Apprentice Postman and a pinhead
- Adora Belle Dearheart
- Esk - A girl who wants to become a wizard.
- King Verence of Lancre - Married to the Queen (duh).
- Greebo - Nanny's infamous cat.
- Jason Ogg - One of Nanny's many children.
- Shawn Ogg - Ditto.
- Hodgesaaargh - A keeper of birds of prey. Named so because that is how he usually introduces himself.
- The Creator - Generally believed to have created the Discworld because he was tired of more "normal" universes.
- Great A'Tuin - The world turtle, on whose back stands four enormous elephants. On top of the elephants are the Discworld, as a giant geological pizza (but without the anchovies).
- Om - The Great God Om
- Offler - The Crocodile God.
- The Lady - Never called by her real name, as this is thought to make her go away...
- Blind Io
- Petulia - Goddess of Negotiable Affection.
- Zephyrus - The god of slight breezes.
- Herne the Hunted - The terrified and apprehensive deity of all small furry creatures.
- Anoia - Minor goddess of Things That Stick In Drawers.