Caspian the Tenth, King of Narnia, a character in C.S. Lewis' The Chronicles of Narnia. Also known as Caspian the Seafarer.

Caspian's father was murdered by Caspian's uncle King Miraz when he was very young. Miraz intended Caspian to succeed him until his wife bore a son. Caspian's life now in mortal danger, his tutor Doctor Cornelius helped him escape and find the company of Narnia's Talking Beasts who had gone into hiding from Miraz and his predecessors.

Prince Caspian built a weak army against his uncle, but things looked bleak. At last he and his advisors used ancient magic to summon the kings and queens of Narnia's golden age -- the children who had first visited Narnia in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. With their help, Miraz was defeated and Caspian ascended to the throne. (see also Prince Caspian)

King Caspian fulfilled a coronation pledge three years later by sailing in the Dawn Treader to the World's End in search of the seven lords -- friends of his father -- who would have supported him but were sent on a expedition by Miraz to get them out of the way. (see also The Voyage of the "Dawn Treader")

Many years later, Caspian's wife was killed by a serpent. Caspian's son Prince Rilian searched for days for the serpent then vanished, abducted by the Queen of the Underworld. In despair, Caspian ultimately sent over 30 champions to search for Rilian, but none returned. Caspian gave up, and forbade anyone else from looking for Rilian and throwing their lives away.

As Caspian's life approached its end, he took one final voyage seeking his Lord Aslan. Aslan appeared to him, telling him to turn back for his son would be waiting for him. Caspian held on long enough to indeed greet Rilian, newly rescued by Eustace Scrubb and Jill Pole. Caspian blessed his son and heir, and died finally at peace. (see also The Silver Chair)