Disc Golf rocks. Plain and simple, and there are many reasons why:
  1. A great walk in the park.
  2. Completely co-ed! Great SO activity for any orientation.
  3. If you make the $10 investment in the disc and don't lose it, there are no more costs(might buy more discs later, like a putter or middy.)
  4. The course are free, that means no money to play.
  5. After roughly every six holes you can find a smoke out nook or bench.
  6. Easily takes stress out of daily life, don't take this too seriously as any sport with a frisbee shouldn't.
  7. You meet friendly people on frisbee golf courses
  8. Ching!, the noise the frisbee makes when you unite it with the basket.

Austin, TX offers several courses for frolfers

  • Pease Park - difficult, main campus course, heavy dogwalking and picnicing population, yell fore dummy!
  • Circle C - medium, good luck finding the baskets and your frisbees!
  • Bart - medium, with a chance of a great score, be prepared for monster hucks over water, wear shoes you can get wet or have a well trained pooch
  • Round Rock - only make this drive if you are good
  • Searight - easy, easy only if you are accurate, best course in Austin, take a cooler of beer along with 3 to 4 joints

As far as the best disc, hmmmmm.......I like the Millenium Polaris LS, but the discs are styled for different throwing styles. I have to disagree with the Viper, great distance but serious control issues. Either way, as long as you don't have an Arobe, you'll be fine!

Oh yeah, please pack out or toss your rubbish, that takes away from the whole experience to see trash.