Just some more propaganda from your local E2 liberal conspiracy


Subject: Quotes from the 2000 Texas Republican Party Platform
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 20:07:52 -0500

Below are several quotes taken from the 2000 Texas Republican Party Platform. Please read carefully because these are views supported by my esteemed Governor. I don't think he is so compassionate afterall.

Texas Republican Party Platform

The Party demands the elimination of presidential authority to issue executive orders, presidential decision directives and other administrative mandates that do not have congressional approval. Further, we demand a repeal of all previous executive orders and administrative mandates.
We believe the environment is best served by individuals working in their own best interest.

The Party supports needed legislation to restore integrity to the voter registration rolls and to reduce voter fraud. Furthermore, we support the repeal of all Motor Voter laws and urge re-registering voters every four years and requiring first time registrants to produce photo identification, proof of residency, and citizenship along with voter registration application.
The Party opposes internet voting.

The Party opposes any so-called "campaign finance reform"

The Party views any form of desecration of the American flag as an outward act of disregard for our nation and its people and advocates penalties for such acts.

The Party calls upon the Texas Legislature and the United States Congress to repeal any and all laws that infringe upon the right of individual citizens to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment to the Unites States Constitution; and to reject the establishment of any mechanism to process, license, record, register or monitor the ownership of guns. We believe it is the responsibility of all gun owners to safely store and operate their firearms.

The Party supports repeal of the Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances law. We reaffirm our belief in our constitutional right to peaceful protest, and we insist that assaults on peaceful protesters be prosecuted vigorously.

We reclaim freedom of religious expression in public on government property, and freedom from governmental interference. We request the Governor to release space to reinstate a chapel in the Texas Capitol.
Any legitimate profiling must adhere to the preceding principles.

The Party supports the traditional definition of marriage as a God-ordained, legal and moral commitment only between a man and a woman, which is the foundational unit of a healthy society. We urge the repeal of laws that place an unfair tax burden on families. We call upon congress to remove the marriage penalty in the tax code, whereby a married couple receives a smaller standard deduction than their unmarried counterparts living together. The primary family unit consists of those related by blood, heterosexual marriage, or adoption. The family is responsible for its own welfare, education, moral training, conduct, and property.

The Party believes that the practice of sodomy tears at the fabric of society, contributes to the breakdown of the family unit, and leads to the spread of dangerous, communicable diseases. Homosexual behavior is contrary to the fundamental, unchanging truths that have been ordained by God, recognized by our country's founders, and shared by the majority of Texans. Homosexuality must not be presented as an acceptable "alternative" lifestyle in our public education and policy, nor should "family" be redefined to include homosexual "couples." We are opposed to any granting of special legal entitlements, recognition, or privileges including, but not limited to, marriage between persons of the same sex, custody of children by homosexuals, homosexual partner insurance or retirement benefits. We oppose any criminal or civil penalties against those who oppose homosexuality out of faith,conviction, or belief in traditional values.

We urge the Republican Party of Texas to support, financially or with in-kind contributions, only those candidates or nominees of this party who support measures to end and criminalize "partial birth abortions." We urge the members of the State Republican Executive Committee to make such changes to the by-laws of that committee to make this action binding on the Republican Party of Texas.
We urge the reversal of Roe v. Wade

The Party calls for the electoral defeat of all judges who through raw judicial activism seek to nullify the Parental Notification law by wantonly granting bypasses to minor girls seeking abortions, and thereby thwart the will of the Texas Legislature and people.

Sex education classes, if conducted, should be separated by sex and must teach that the use of condoms does not make sex safe.

The Party opposes programs designed to bring about a comprehensive, taxpayer-funded, federally-controlled and regulated system of educational, psychological, and physical development for all children (such as Early Childhood Development and Parents as Teachers).

We therefore recommend that local school boards and classroom teachers be given more authority to deal with disciplinary problems. Corporal punishment should be used when appropriate and we encourage the legislature to strengthen existing immunity laws, respecting corporal punishment.

We support a character education curriculum and a program based upon biblical principles upon which our nation and state law system were founded.

We support the return of Bibles and other religious books to the shelves of all public schools and libraries.

The Party believes that scientific topics, such as the question of universe and life origins and environmental theories, should not be constrained to one opinion or viewpoint. We support the teaching equally of scientific strengths and weaknesses of all scientific theories--as Texas now requires (but has yet to enforce) in public school science course standards. We urge revising all environmental education standards to require this also. We support individual teachers' right to teach creation science in Texas public schools.

The Party urges school administrators and officials to inform Texas school students specifically of their First Amendment rights to pray and engage in religious speech, individually or in groups, on school property without government interference.

The Party recognizes that AIDS and HIV infection represent one of the greatest threats to human health in the history of mankind. We view with compassion all people infected with HIV. We call for appropriate research to find a cure for the disease and ask that the government give full disclosure of the causes. However, because AIDS represents such a severe threat to both the health and economic well being of our citizens, we insist that the epidemic be depoliticized and that as a society, we take all appropriate steps to protect our citizens from this epidemic. All people, no matter what disease they may contract, are worthy of deep respect as humans. We should, however, love them enough to tell them the truth: Behavior has personal and social consequences.

The Party supports amendment of the Americans with Disabilities Act to exclude from its definition those persons with infectious diseases, substance addiction, learning disabilities, and behavior disorders and thereby reducing abuse of the Act.

The Party calls upon Texas legislators to prohibit reproductive health care services or counseling in or through the public schools. We also oppose the use of any tax dollars for any program (i.e., Texas Commission on Children and Youth, Education for Self Responsibility, Education 2000, etc.) which teaches or legitimizes pre-marital sexual activity and birth control, abortion, and homosexuality, and which elevates the rights of students to make sexual and health care decisions to a level equal to their parents.
The Party believes the minimum wage law should be repealed.

The Party urges Congress to stop funding the IMF because the IMF props up foreign tyrants and gives American taxpayers' money to international bankers.

The Party deplores the existence of a foreign military base on American soil. For the first time in our country's history, we have turned over our territory to the sovereignty of another nation. We oppose relinquishing United States supremacy to any foreign power on United States soil.


Remeber, everything is bigger in Texas, even the nuts.