My mind seems unable to decide wether or not I'm tired today.

First thing this morning, I'm being told to "hurry up" because I have to leave @ 9:00 for something I agreed to the previous night. You see, our neighbor burned his garage down, and so I was going to help tear the thing down/apart. Although it was dirty work, there was a degree of satisfaction in tearing apart a half burned building with crowbars, sledgehammers, chainsaws, and your hands. However, this was quickly balanced with the fact that most everything was covered with a mixture of soot, dirt, mud, and melting slushy snow. His dog, a friendly, lovable mutt, but also quite insistant on attention, continued to bother us while we hacked apart the building. By tasks end, he was covered in a not insignificant amount of soot himself. This left the dog ordinarly yellow with an odd blackish tinge.

I immeditly went to washing the clothes I was wareing, and so are now bumming around the house in "laundry clothes", which are much too cold for a day like today. I tried to start my assignment for school, The Scarlet Letter, but Hawthorne apparently saw fit to include a 40 page introduction where he rambles on about how he worked in a customs house which, as near as I can tell, has nothing to do with the story. This was worsened by the fact I was both cold, and continually bother by the other residents of this house who kept interrupting me to do inane and menial tasks, even though they knew I was reading. I eventually gave up, and decided to skip the introduction, as it seemed impossible then to hold my concentration for any length of time longer than five minutes.


So I'm noding instead.