punk'n'folk band, not very different from Dia Psalma
, and that's not very strange
, since three
of Strebers' four member
s (at the time of the breakup
) later form
ed Dia Psalma. Strebers was formed
some time late spring
'85. At that time, they had no singer
, so Ulke had to sing while they search
, though they never found another vocalist, so Ulke did most of their vocals, backed by
the other members on occasion. A few week
s after they formed the band, their first song
recorded in one of the members' garage
, which they used to practice
in. Those songs were supposed
to be their first songs to be released, but the plans were changed. They went to a real studio
ed the songs there. Ung & Arg
was the result of 8 hours of work in the studio.
- Ung & Arg (LP, late summer '85)
- På Liv & Död (LP, spring '86)
- Ur Led Är... (LP, autumn '86)
- Öga För Öga (LP '87, CD '93)
- Bad Boys Behind Bars (Ditt Blod/Mitt Blod) (LP, '88)
- (Strebers) Och Kråkan (LP, early '90)
- I Fädrens Spår (LP, late '90)
- Kaos & Skrål 85-87 (LP/CD, '91)
- Kallt Stål Varmt Blod (LP/CD, '91)
- Till En Vän (CD, '92)
- Blod Svett & Tårar 85-92 (2 CD, '00)
- Meningslöst Liv(e) (CD, '01)
Through the year
s, they had seven
members altogether, lineup
was as follows:
, 1985 - 2001.
and vocals, 1985 - 1988 & 2000 - 2001.
and vocals, 1985 - 1992.
, vocals and guitar, 1987 - 1988.
, bass and vocals, 1989 - 2001.
) drums, 1992.
, drums, 1992 & 2000 - 2001.
Of those seven, three later formed Dia Psalma together with a friend of Ulke's. The three were Ulke,
Stipen and Ztikkan.
This noder's favourite Strebers songs include Betongbarn
, 39 Steg
, Balladen om
, Kallt Stål Varmt Blod
and Blod Svett och Tårar
Their albums may be hard to find, especially outside of Sweden
Source: http://home8.swipnet.se/~w-80499/strebers/index.htm (In Swedish) and countless hours
spent listening to their tracks.