Starcraft map reviews, if you have doubt in the ability of the review log on battle net and /stats ScorpionBite. That is my user name I use while playing.

Sunken Colony Madness: Use Map Setting 1-8 `depending on version'
Object of the game, kill all opponent's sunken colonies.
How to play: You start with an observer `only 1 if it's the original'. It will drop 1 sunken colony at a time under it, with hydralisks popping up along with it. Red is cheated in every version; he will get 2 more hydras than everyone else per drop. Move your observer around and try to get more sunkens than the other players.
Strategy, Try to make lines of them in a row, trying to take a certain section at the board at a time and slowly move in is the best way to win. Spreading out will make you lose. Do not worry about protecting the sunken colonies and spore colonies you start with, they are almost useless. Surrounding players with sunkens and then sending in your hydralisks from all over the board at one time will win the game for you.
Rating, *9.3 out of 10*

H2K$THE Fastest $ MAP EV2: Melee 1-8
This map is a huge hacked map with great resources. Minerals and/or gasses will start very near your starting base. Sending 1 unit to mine each at a time is smart... It's a normal map other than the starting minerals; try to take out your opponent's first main base and then their income will slow down. Because once your building is lifted off or destroyed you can not make another there.
Rating *8.9 out of 10*

Matrix Defense: Use Map Setting Players 1-5 `many, many versions' Object of the game, last a certain amount of rounds without letting a single unit pass your defense. Air or ground units may cross.
How to play: You will start off with some units and usually a scv. Immediately start building with your scv and try to make an almost blocked off passage. Though in most versions, the computer will start attacking you if you totally block the passage off. Strategy, you can go a few ways with this. Try bunkers all the way across leaving a small exit `putting 1 unit between each bunker' and then repeat zig- zagging all the way down. You can also mass unit, going in the same kind of zig- zagging just with units and more attacking power. Though doing this one takes longer. Place Firebats at the smallest points where they will hit them. Make sure to have all units period on hold position. Doing so will make sure none of your units wonder off into your ally's forces, crossing the line gives the unit to them. Also, have at least 1 detector... They do go invisible, I suggest having 8 turrets.
Note: This map gets extremely boring after a while, though some play it over and over...
Rating *5.8 out of 10*

Turret Defense: Use Map Setting 1-6 `I suggest 3-4'
Object of the game, Similar to Matrix Defense, just all of the units coming at you are only air. Survive a certain amount of rounds, without letting a certain amount of units cross. Depending on level of setting: Hard, Medium, and Easy.
How to play: You start with a scv, and some minerals. Build turrets and start blowing up stuff.
Strategy, not much strategy in this one... Just keep your turrets and units together. Getting a defiler or queen to plague or slow down the units really helps though. Trying different things over and over seems to do the trick. If you have about 40 minutes to play this game is very fun. Though after a while it gets very annoying.
Rating *6.6 out of 10*

Zelda Madness 64: Use Map Setting 1-5,6 depending on version. `I suggest 3-4'
You start with 1, 2, or even 3 civilians to pick units. There are many versions of this game and I find all to be fun. Depending on what way you want to go you must choose a variety of units. If it is the Broodwar version, I highly suggest a few lurkers near your bunker.
Strategy, If and when you hit 100 kills you get a hero unit. You should get at least 2 tanks at your bunker before anything else... You have no idea how annoying it is to attack siege tanks with a lot of hp. I find that Arbiter die too quick to be useful. Getting 1 air hero will help if you hold position near by bunker in case of a siege tank. I suggest you build up major forces and let the other people play attack the others and/or you first. Waiting takes patience but in the long run it is worth it. Great combos: Ghosts/Marines Goliaths/hydralisks Wraiths/ghosts. Scouts suck at ground attack and I suggest not getting them.
You could easily play this map over and over and not get bored.
Rating *7.3 out of 10*