Rebublican Senator from Missouri

Also known as Kit Bond, the Senator is a sixth generation Missourian, born in St. Louis in 1939. .

He graduated from Princeton University in 1960 and then graduated first from his class University of Virginia where he received his Law Degree. After graduating he served as a clerk to the Chief Judge of the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta before going to Washington D.C. to practice law and then returning to Missouri. In 1969, Bond became an Assistant Attorney General under former Senator John Danforth. He then worked as chief counsel of Missouri's Consumer Protection Division before being elected State Auditor in 1970.

He became Missouri’s 47th and youngest Governor at age 33, on January 8, 1973. Bond was re-elected to a second term as Governor in 1980. He was elected to the senate in 1986, and has since be reelected to two more terms .

He serves on the Small Business Committee, Appropriations Committee, Committee on the Budget, Committee on Environment and Public Works, and the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.

His website and contact info is:

274 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington DC 20510
(202) 224-5721
kit_bond@bond.senate.gov
http://www.senate.gov/~bond