The 17'th book in the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett, and another in the Rincewind sub-series.

Main/Reoccurring Characters:

Rincewind: The world's most incompetent wizard, however, the greatest 'wizzard' in existance, and therefore, he is the one sent to the Counterweight Continent when the request is sent for the great 'wizzard'.

Cohen the Barbarian: The now geriatric hero of old legend, Cohen and his Horde of barbarians (all over 70)have a plan to steal something involving the Forbidden City of Hunghung. They bump into Rincewind, and he is somewhat swept along with them.

Twoflower: Rincewind's companion from the first books is now back in his home continent, and apparently, he's been publishing his adventures...

The Luggage: Of course, the Luggage follows Rincewind wherever he goes. However, there are lots of OTHER luggages in the counterweight continent, so he doesn’t have quite the advantage of surprise. However, in his time away, he's picked up a nice sadistic streak.

Lord Hong: The warlord who is most likely to succeed the Emperor when he dies, mostly because the other four warlords distrust him slightly less than the others. Mainly because he wants them to think that way.

The Red Army: A pitiful group of peasants who, after millennia of being polite are now trying such political slogans as "Gently Push Over The Forces Of Repression!"

Published by HarperTorch
Copyright 1994, Terry and Lyn Pratchett
ISBN: 0-06-105690-1