"Quick Change is good." - Bill Murray

Quick Change (1990)
Starring: Bill Murray, Geena Davis, Randy Quaid and Jason Robards
89 minutes

Quick Change is an awesome movie. It stars Bill Murray as Grimm, a New Yorker who devises a perfect bank robbery with the help of his girlfriend Phyllis (Geena Davis) and lifelong pal Loomis (Randy Quaid) only to have the escape route to the airport complicated by an onslaught of ridiculous, unpredictable events. Throughout the film he is hunted by the Chief of Police (Jason Robards), who can't afford the bad press he'll recieve if the bank robber gets away.

This film succeeds in being more than just an average comedy. One of the most surprising things is just how smart it is. The dialogue is so tight and sharp, and the asthetic of the film is slightly surreal in the way it paints New York (Murray also co-directed the film). Grimm isn't bumbling. He knows exactly what he's doing at every step in the robbery, and when he ends up in these crazy circumstances, the way he improvises on his plan to accomadate is just incredible. I liken it to Eddie Murphy's performance in Beverly Hills Cop - It's that sort of ability to think on your feet that Grimm and Axel Foley share.

There is so much more that can be said about this movie, there's so much more you can go in to the characters, but I will just leave it at this: If you're a Bill Murray fan, this film is a must see.