The "Unauthorized Autobiography" of Game Show Impresario Chuck Barris, in which he details the height of his psuedo-fame. Barris, who is most famous as the host of "The Gong Show" (his own creation), was responsible for creating a large amount of hit game shows in the 1960's, such as "The Newlywed Game" and "The Dating Game". The interesting thing about his biography, however, is that he claims that while he was working in television, he was also an assassin for the CIA.

According to the book, Barris would moonlight from his day job on missions in Europe, South America and the Soviet Union, assassinating anyone he was instructed to by his suave CIA contact Jim Byrd. The book also details Barris' experiences with love, most frequently with a young girl named Penny, who comes across as the love of his life.

The book is revered as a cult classic, and has been turned in to a movie due in theaters Christmas Day, 2002. The film is directed by George Clooney and written by Charlie Kaufman, the screenwriter of "Being John Malkovich". It stars Sam Rockwell as Barris, Clooney as Jim Byrd, Drew Barrymore as Penny, and Julia Roberts and Rutger Hauer as fellow assassins. I have read the script, and look forward to seeing this quirky and fascinating story come to life before my eyes.