A few years back I was playing alot of ad&d online in irc on undernet.

The character I was playing was an extremely violent (towards orcs at least) elven magic user known as Alandra Silverflame... Before I would goto the game channel I'd change my name to ^Alandra-.

I played this everyday for almost six months, it was a totally amazing experience.

As a man I can say I am very embarassed by the actions of my fellow men. I was literally hounded at times, I received private chat from both other people in the game and other people who saw me sitting in one of the other channels I frequented. Many times the chats were explicit and very rude without/hardly any preamble. Sometimes they were nice until I didn't respond back or until I blew them off. Other times they were insulting and degrading to females from the start. There were a few really nice men, but for the most part I found out that The male half of the human race is filled with egotistical sexually driven morons.

It truely was a learning experience and one that caused me to never play another female character online. I never realized how flusterating it could be to be a woman online.

Anyone who has had a meeting with a woman he met online needs to masqurade as a woman for just a month online. Just to give them an idea of what kind of crap a woman has to put up with online... it helps put things in perspective and will definetly help you appreciate the level of dedication a woman has to have to meet men online.

I really can't feature how much crap a woman would take from a online dating site. Mind numbing.

As a side note I asked a friend of mine who is a female computer geek about her experiences online... her response was: "I avoid the idiots... *polishes her ignore button*."