Ingredients - or 12 skewers.
5 tablespoons soy sauce
4 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon turmeric
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon peanut oil
500g breast chicken, cut into strips
1 1/3 cups jasmine rice
6 green onions, sliced diagonally
1 cup satay (barbecue) sauce
1/4 cup coconut milk
olive oil cooking spray
12 skewers, soaked for 30 minutes
* Combine soy sauce, honey, turmeric, garlic and oil in a ceramic bowl.
* Add chicken pieces. Turn to coat well.
* Thread chicken onto skewers. Spoon over marinade.
* Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour
* Cook rice, following packet directions. Add onions.
* Place satay sauce and coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through.
* Preheat grill on medium.
* Spray skewers with oil. Cook for 6 minutes, turning, or until cooked.
* Place skewers on plates and drizzle with satay mixture. Serve with rice.