The Atlanta Braves have made the post-season for a record 10 years in a row (1991-2001--The 1994 season was shortened.). They are the most consistent team in the National League to make the playoffs. Currently, their manager is Bobby Cox, who has led the team, as the Atlanta Braves, to their only World Series victory. The Braves have also won the NL Pennant 5 times, all occurring in the 90s. The Braves have captured the Cy Young award 6 times, with Tom Glavine earning 2, John Smoltz earning 1, and Greg Maddux earning 3. Those three have proved to be one of the most dominant trios of all time. The Atlanta Braves have also won four Most Valuable Player (MVP) awards. Dale Murphy won 2, Terry Pendleton and Chipper Jones each winning one. Hank Aaron, the current all-time home run leader, was a player on this team. The Braves became known as the "Atlanta Braves" starting in 1966. Prior to that, they were known as the Milwaukee Braves.

The Milwaukee Braves were known as that from 1953 to 1965. They did win 2 NL Pennants under manager Fred Haney, and also winning a World Series (1957). A Cy Young award was won by Warren Spahn in 1957 also. Hank Aaron, also played on this team, won an MVP in 1957.

The Boston Braves was the name of the Braves from 1913 to 1952. A World Series was won in 1914. Prior to being the Boston Braves, they were known as the Boston Beaneaters, from 1889 to 1912. The Boston Red Stockings is the original name for the Atlanta Braves, coming into existence during the first year the National League began, 1877.

Source: www.baseball-almanac.com