Dreamed that Burning Man was being held in a small northern California costal town, it seemed to be somewhere north of Santa Barbara. The town was on a brushy mesa at the very edge of the sea. Houses and roads tumbled and wandered down the sandstone cliffside to the arc of sandy beach and tumbled rock below.
We arrived to find that the townspeople had agreed to give up their town, letting it become Black Rock City for the week. All the people had cleared out of their homes, and left them there for us to live in. The shops were open, but operating on a barter economy principle.
We were led to our quarters. My family and friends and I were to share part of a large old California Craftsman style house with another group. We each got a section of house, and would share kitchen work. The house was lovely, all brown-shingled and deep-porched, perched high on the cliff overlooking the breakers to the left and a pine forest slope to the water's edge on the opposite side. I was very happy with the whole arrangement, and decided to go out and explore town a bit. Outside, I could hear music playing, on the beach people were dancing all along the shore.
Then I was back in the house. I'd gone out and about, but the next scene was back inside. I was getting ready to sleep, lying down on a mat on the floor when my cat Bill came in the door. He told me he'd won an award for being the most snuggly cat of all, and he said he'd show me his technique. I lay down, and he curled up in front of my face, into a round cat shape. He rested his big chin on my hand, his nose to mine. He explained that if he lay in a ball like that, that people could lie in a circle around him, heads pointed inward; They'd be like spokes on a wheel, and he'd be the hub, and they could all sleep like that while he provided maximum snuggling potential. I thought he was very smart,
and I slowly woke
to find him nestled on my pillow, sleeping with his head on my hand.