Note: This is not an applesauce, it is a cooking sauce, for use in stirfry, etc.



Ingredients:
1 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 Cup Sugar (brown works best but white works as well)
1/4 small apple, finely diced
1/4 small onion, finely diced
1 small hot pepper, finely diced
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
Dash salt
Dash cinnamon

Pour the vinegar and sugar into a small pot or saucepan on medium heat.
Stir the mixture until all of the sugar dissolves into the cider. Remember kids, as things heat up, it is easier to dissolve other things in them! As heating, ass the salt, lemon juice, and cinnamon.
Once the mixture is hot and dissolved, and the other ingredients a little bit at a time.
Bring up the heat a little, and allow the mixture to boil. Let it keep boiling for a while, stirring occasionally, until it has ceased to be flavored apple cider vinegar and has become a sauce -- it should have a thicker texture to it, flowing off of the spoon somewhat -- but not too -- reluctantly. You dont want quite as thick as honey here, and not quite as thin as water.
You have your sauce, now USE IT!

Remember: onions and vinegar, especially when boiling, are pungent substances. Once that sucker come to a boil, if you try to smell it, you WILL have difficulty smelling it. This is powerful stuff: use discretion!