When a write-up begins by stating that it's from my dictionary, or from one of my books, that means that the content is not new, but is from things published more than two hundred years ago, written by the Samuel Johnson of that era.
- user since
- Thu Jul 12 2001 at 19:47:01 (17.1 years ago )
- last seen
- Tue Jan 7 2003 at 20:34:54 (15.6 years ago )
- level / experience
- 0 (Initiate) / -4179
- mission drive within everything
- Exposition and explanation
- Philology, etymology, linguistics, literature, myself
- That of hard knocks
- Reports of my death are grossly exagerated
- most recent writeup
- Send private message to Samuel Johnson
To clear up any confusion, (almost) all of my write-ups were originally written in the late 18th Century, and have been in the public domain for two hundred years or so.